IGNOU Distance MBA Course Structure 2023
The IGNOU Distance MBA and MBA Banking and Finance program contain 28 subjects in total.
To obtain the MBA degree, you should have completed the following combination of Subjects:
- 20 core courses from MMPC-001 to MMPC-020.
- 7 specialisation courses from a chosen area.
- 1 project course named MMPP-001 (project subject MMPP-001 is equivalent to 2 courses).
- Total being 28
To obtain the IGNOU MBA degree with a specialization (MBA in Human Resource Management (MBAHM), MBA in Operations Management] (MBAOM), MBA in Financial Management (MBAFM), or MBA in Marketing Management (MBAMM)), you should complete the following combination of courses:
- 19 core courses from MMPC-001 to MMPC-020 (except MMPC-017)
- 8 specialization courses from one of the chosen fields.
- 1 project course is named MMPP-001 (project course MMPP-001 is equivalent to 2 courses).
- The total number of courses is 28.
Visit our Admission Procedure page to know more about the IGNOU MBA admission.
Get Help & More Information
List of Subjects for Distance MBA
For Distance MBA admission help, please fill your details over here.
This section is about the subjects involved in correspondence MBA. Read on to know more:
Subjects from MMPC-001 to MMPC-020
The table below lists out the 20 core courses (semester wise) required for IGNOU MBA program.
|MMPC-001||Management Functions and Organisational Processes|
|MMPC-002||Human Resource Management|
|MMPC-004||Accounting and Managers|
|MMPC-005||Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications|
|MMPC-008||Information System for Managers|
|MMPC-009||Management of Machines and Materials|
|MMPC-011||Social Processes and Behavioural Issues|
|MMPC-015||Research Methodology for Management Decisions|
|MMPC-016||International Business Management|
|MMPP-001||Project course (Equals to 2 programs)|
|MMPC-017||Advanced Strategic Management|
Total Quality Management
Business Ethics and CSR
NOTE: The details regarding the 7 specialisation programs required in semester 3 and semester 4 hasn’t been announced yet, IGNOU shall announce details regarding the same at a later date. The table below lists out the specialisation courses available in the previous (older) syllabus, it should only be taken as a basic reference.
The specialization Subjects are the list of Subjects that specialize in certain areas of Management.
Title (and Code)
|Human Resource Management||
More specialization courses (for Semester VI) shall also be announced soon by IGNOU.
MBA Specializations Programs
The Following are the specialization courses to opt for the IGNOU MBF (MBA in Banking and Finance) program for the third semester:
Title (and Code)
Banking and Finance
Credit Weightage of the Courses
In order to complete the IGNOU MBA program, a student must complete 28 courses. The credit weightage is as follows:
- Each core course (20 in total) has a credit weightage if 4. Total core courses credit: 20 x 4 = 80.
- Specialisation course (7 in total) also holds a credit weightage of 4. Total specialisation courses credit: 7 x 4 = 28.
- Project course (MMPP-001) is regarded as 2 courses, thus holds a credit weightage of 8.
- Total credit weightage: 80 + 28 + 8 = 116.
Apart from fee structure, You might also be interested in the following resources on IGNOU distance learning MBA:
Wan't help to get admission to MBA Programs?
Get a call back.