EMBA Finance Overview
IGNOU offers certified Executive MBA program in Finance (Elective) as part time course for executives who wish to move on to the leadership roles in Finance field.
The course is offered by NIIT Imperia through its various centers. The Certificates for the program will be given by IGNOU. This elective specialization is part of the EMBA program offered by IGNOU in collaboration with NIIT.
For getting admission to the program you should fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks. The minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates is waivered to 45%. The marks under consideration is the aggregate marks for the whole course.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience is required after being a graduate.
- You should be working while applying for the program. You can also be self employed, for which you will have to produce necessary proof.
The above are the criteria for eligibility. The admissions are based on the Entrance Test conducted by NIIT.
The total fees for the whole program is : ₹ 1,80,000.
You have to remit ₹ 72,000 at the time of admission.
The rest of the fee can be remitted in 3 installments of ₹ 36,000 in the duration of the course.
Service tax is applicable to the fees mentioned above. The fee covers all the fee for the study materials and textbooks to be used throughout the duration of the course.
The application fee for the program is ₹ 500.
The classes are handled by experts and top leaders in their respective industries and fields. There would also be classes covered by CEOs and Industry Experts. All the faculty are the best in India.
EMBA Program Structure
The program consists of a total of 21 subjects, a viva and a project. The 21 subjects are classified as general , specialization and emerging area subjects. Since you wish to specialize in Finance , you should opt for the finance electives. The tables below give the semester wise list of subjects.
Semester wise List of Courses offered
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques
- OB & Management Processes
- Marketing Management
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Emerging Area Course-1
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Research Methodology
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- MIS for Managers
- Emerging Area Course – 2
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics ,Corporate Governance, CSR
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Comprehensive Viva
Finance Specialization Electives
In order to specialize in Finance field you have to select the Finance electives while choosing your electives. The electives are given below.
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Financial Engineering & Risk Management
- Derivatives (include Commodities and Financial)
- Project Management and Control
- Project Financing – including WCM & CAPM
- Management of Financial Services
- M & A
- International Financial Management
Executive MBA with Finance Elective : Is It for Me ?
- Are you a person who wish to be in the leadership roles for managing the finances of an organization?
- Do you have interests in analyzing the possible investment opportunities and make smart decisions based on the data set you have?
How to Get Admission
The admissions to the program are decided by an Entrance Test conducted at an All India Level by NIIT. The eligible candidates will be selected after the entrance test. For further details please visit the official websites of NIIT and IGNOU.