IGNOU Online MBA Program – 2023
IGNOU has started offering its highly desirable Master of Business Administration (MBA) program online. Now, aspirants can complete their IGNOU Online MBA program from their homes, all they’ll need is a stable internet connection and a smart device.
The classes will be given in the form of live online sessions and pre-recorded classes, study materials shall also be completely digital. IGNOU also has its own Learning Management System (LMS) for managing the online course materials. IGNOU Online MBA program is provided by IGNOU’s School of Management Studies (SOMS) and similar to other IGNOU MBA programs, the online MBA program is also approved by AICTE. Admission for the new online MBA program by IGNOU starts in early 2023.
To know more about IGNOU MBA admission (including IGNOU Online MBA), please visit our Admission Procedure page.
Get Help & More Information
Quick Info: Online MBA from IGNOU
For Distance MBA admission help, please fill your details over here.
The information about the online MBA given below are for quick reading. Detailed information will be update soon.
This is the total fee for the IGNOU online MBA program. See the detailed fee structure and comparison for further details and a breakdown of fees for each semester or course. The fee per semester is ₹ 15,500.
Details regarding the IGNOU MBA fee structure are elaborated on our Fee Structure page.
Like other MBA programmes provided by IGNOU, the Online MBA program also has a standard programme duration of 2 years. Maximum duration to complete the program is 4 years.
IGNOU Online MBA [prospectus] is an easily accessible booklet containing all the necessary information regarding the IGNOU Online MBA (MBAOL) program, which includes the [fee structure], [course structure], [syllabus], [admission details], and a lot more. Candidates can download the IGNOU Online MBA prospectus on IGNOU’s official website or by clicking on the link below.
IGNOU Online MBA prospectus link: http://ignou.ac.in/userfiles/MBA%20Online%20Prospectus.pdf
More information regarding the IGNOU MBA prospectus can be found on our [Prospectus] page
Candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree program from any reputed university with at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved categories) can apply for the online MBA program.
Our Eligibility Criteria page details more about the eligibility criterion for the IGNOU MBA admission..
There are no entrance exams for the online MBA from IGNOU. You can apply online and the admissions will be based on merit.
How to Apply & Application Forms
You can directly apply for admission online via the IGNOU website. To get admission, visit: https://iop.ignouonline.ac.in/programme/p21
Online MBA Specializations
The IGNOU online MBA program can allows you to specialize your MBA in any one of the following streams:
Human Resource Management
The specialization stream should be specified during the time of admission. There is a provision for specifying your specialization during the time of admission to the online MBA program.
Other Features of the Online MBA Program
- The programme is approved by AICTE
- Available across India and select countries abroad.
- Updated and latest curriculum and study materials.
- Fee is very affordable compared to other online MBA programs.
- Promotes flexible learning via the Learning Management System.
Mode of Delivery
One of the most unique aspects of the IGNOU Online MBA (MBAOL) program is the online mode of delivery adopted by IGNOU for the program, making MBAOL the only exclusively online MBA program offered by IGNOU. The following are how IGNOU is expected to deliver the online MBA program to the students:
- Printed materials: IGNOU shall be delivering copies of materials to the students as printed books. In the case of the online MBA program, ebooks will be delivered.
- Audio-Visual Materials: IGNOU uses specially designed audio and visual materials for making the learning process easier for the students. Usually, the audio and video materials by IGNOU last for up to 30 minutes and are telecasted at learner support centers during counseling hours. The visual materials for the IGNOU Online MBA program are also telecasted on Doordarshan while the audio materials can be heard through the select stations of All India Radio.
- Counseling sessions: IGNOU also arranges counseling sessions for IGNOU MBA students. The counseling sessions are usually held on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). In the specific case of IGNOU Online MBA, these counseling sessions are conducted online as live interactive sessions.
- eGyanKosh: eGyanKosh is an online archive of study materials provided by IGNOU. eGyanKosh contains self-study materials for over 2500 courses from various fields. All IGNOU MBA students are expected to make use of the eGyanKosh repository for accessing necessary study materials.
- IGNOU e-Content Mobile App: The e-Content mobile app is one of IGNOU’s latest attempts to digitalize its programs. IGNOU Online MBA program also utilizes the convenience of the e-Content app for swiftly delivering the learning materials to the students. IGNOU Online MBA students can download the IGNOU e-Content mobile app for their mobile devices or tablets through the official app stores of their devices.
FAQ – Online MBA
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Online Distance MBA is answered here.
Get in touch with us to know further details about the program.
Yes, anyone eligible for the program can opt for the online MBA program by IGNOU, there are no age or experience restrictions for this program.
Candidates who prefer to take online classes are recommended to choose IGNOU’s online MBA program over the distance MBA program.
No, candidates do not require to clear any entrance exams to apply for IGNOU Online MBA admission
Candidates can seek IGNOU Online MBA admission through IGNOU’s official admission portal
The term-end exams are conducted in the usual format (similar to the IGNOU Distance MBA program)
The classes for IGNOU Online MBA (MBAOL) are conducted through the following means: Pre-recorded classes, Live online classes, Digital materials (ebooks), eGyanKosh, IGNOU e-Content mobile app
IGNOU’s online MBA program is very similar to the distance MBA program with the major difference being the medium of delivery (MBAOL being a mostly online program).
The primary benefit of the IGNOU Online MBA program is the ability to attend classes and access study materials exclusively through online means, allowing great flexibility.
Candidates seeking to gain admission to the IGNOU Online MBA program must have successfully completed a 3-year bachelor’s degree with at least a 50% score (45% for reserved categories).
IGNOU offers all the specializations available for IGNOU Distance MBA program in IGNOU Online MBA as well. They are as follows: Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management
IGNOU Online MBA program has a minimum duration of 2 years and a maximum duration of 4 years
IGNOU Online MBA (MBAOL) has the same fee structure as the distance MBA program. The total fee is ₹ 62,000 (₹ 15,500 being the fee per semester)
The program duration of IGNOU Online MBA (MBAOL) is 2 years (4 years being the maximum duration)
Wan't help to get admission to MBA Programs?
Get a call back.