Eligibility Criteria - Overview
Graduation is the basic eligibility criteria for admission to IGNOU MBA. If you fulfill the eligibility conditions then you can get admission for MBA in 2022-2023 intake sessions.
Read the sections below to know more about the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria for admission to IGNOU’s distance learning MBA and other Management programs are as follows:
You must fulfill all the requirements below to be qualified for admission. These criteria are in accordance with the AICTE norms.
- Age Restrictions: There are no age restrictions for admission to IGNOU’s management programs.
- You Should be a graduate in any discipline and must have 50% marks for graduation if you are from general category. However, if you belong to the reserved category, then you need to have only 45% marks for graduation. This also includes Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship graduates.
Note: OPENMAT Entrance test has been temporarily cancelled and is not presently required for IGNOU MBA admission
Eligibility for Foreign Students
Are you from a country (nationality) than India?
You too can take admission for IGNOU’s MBA , if you fulfill all the above criteria and :
- You must have a valid student Visa for the duration of the course.
- You will need a clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/ Human Resource Development Ministry. This procedure will be carried out by the International Division of IGNOU.
The fee structure for foreign students is different from Indian nationals. You will also need to remit the fees as per the fee requirements of IGNOU for foreign students. The fee details can be obtained from the official website of IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in
FAQ - IGNOU DISTANCE MBA Eligibility
Have some queries about the distance MBA Eligibility? Checkout the FAQs below:
Candidates who have successfully completed their 3 year bachelor’s program with a minimum score of 50% is eligible for the IGNOU Distance MBA program.
OPENMAT exam is not currently required for IGNOU MBA admission.
The eligibility requirement for SC/ST candidates is to complete their 3 year bachelor degree program with a passing score of atleast 45%.
- Eligibility requirements for IGNOU MBF program are as follows:
- Successful completion of 3 years bachelor’s degree program with a minimum score fo 50%.
- Must clear the CAIIB exam conducted by IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance).
- A work experience of at least 2 years in the banking and finance sector.
- Any one who has successfully completed their 3 year bachelor’s degree can apply for IGNOU’s Distance MBA program.
The eligibility requirement for international students are as follows:
- Successful completion of a 3 year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognised university).
- A valid student’s visa for the duration of the program.
- A clearance certificate from the Ministry of External Affairs/Human Resource Development Ministry.
Every candidate must upload their Bachelor’s degree certificate and marklist while seeking admission for IGNOU’s distance MBA program.
What percentage of score is required for the bachelor degree to apply for IGNOU Distance MBA admission?
The candidate must complete their bachelor’s degree program with a minim score of 50% (45% for reserved categories).
As a PG program, IGNOU’s distance MBA program comes with no age restriction. Anyone with a valid bachelor’s degree can apply for the program.
Yes, IGNOU Distance MBA program (along with IGNOU Online MBA) is an excellent option working professionals. Aspirants working in the Banking and Finance sector can instead opt for IGNOU Distance MBF program.
No, work experience is not an eligibility requirement for IGNOU’s MBA programs but it is required for IGNOU’s MBF program.
A senior citizen is indeed eligible for the IGNOU Distance MBA program.
Do I need to complete my bachelor degree in a specific field to seek admission for IGNOU MBA program?
No, you can complete you bachelor’s degree in any area of your liking.