IGNOU Executive MBA in Marketing is a part time MBA program offered in collaboration with NIIT, for working executives in the Marketing field.
Marketing is a very crucial process which plays a great role in the success of a product or service and ultimately the organization providing it. IGNOU in collaboration with NIIT offers Executive MBA with Marketing Specialization electives in part time mode. The program is part of the EMBA program offered by NIIT with the certificate provided by IGNOU. There are other elective specializations such as Finance and HR for this program.
Program Fee Structure
The total fee to be paid is ₹ 1,80,000 with ₹ 72,000 to be paid during the admission and the rest of the amount is to be paid as 3 installments during the program. The fee is exclusive of service taxes that are applicable. There is also an application fee of ₹ 500.
You are eligible to attend the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You should be employed . You can also be self employed (Proof required for self employed candidates).
- You should be a graduate with an aggregate marks of 50%. Reserved categories SC/ST/OBC need only 45% marks for graduation.
- You should have at least 3 years of work experience after graduation.
EMBA Admissions and Application Forms
The admission to the program is given to the eligible candidates selected via an all India level entrance exam. The application forms for admission can be obtained from the official website of NIIT.
Progam Duration: 18 months
The admitted candidates have to attend classes on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays from 6:30 to 9:30 PM). The schedule of the program is designed to make it easy for the employed professionals to attend the program. The classes are handled by subject and industry experts in various fields. The candidates are also provided with useful insights and interaction with industry leaders such as CEOs of various companies.
Subjects in the Course
The course is divided into 21 subjects , a viva and a project. The 21 Subjects are further divided as 14 General Subjects, 5 Elective subjects and 2 Emerging Area Subjects. Since you like to specialize in marketing field, you should opt for the Marketing Electives. Listed below are the subjects for each semester.
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques
- OB & Management Processes
- Marketing Management
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Emerging Area Course-1
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Research Methodology
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- MIS for Managers
- Emerging Area Course – 2
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics ,Corporate Governance, CSR
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Elective 5
- Comprehensive Viva
Electives for Finance Specialization
The executive MBA program offers finance electives for interested candidates. The elective subjects are listed below:
- Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Financial Engineering & Risk Management
- Derivatives (incl Commodities & Financial)
- Project Management & Control
- Project Financing – incl WCM & CAPM
- Management of Financial Services
- M & A
- International Financial Management
Emerging Area Subjects
The emerging area courses aim to make the student familiar with the new and contemporary concepts like Global Business, Responsible Innovation etc. The list of the emerging area courses are given below:
- Sustainable Business Practices (Sustainability)
- Leadership, Influence & Power
- Corporate Image Building
- Emotional Intelligence and Managerial effectiveness
- Business Networking
- Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Global Corporation
- Use of IT for Business Applications CRM
Please Note: IGNOU also offers various other MBA programs including a distance learning program. Learn More about it Here.
Should I Choose Marketing Specialization
Marketing is an age old art of presenting a product to the consumers in an appealing way, which persuades them to buy. Those who select the marketing electives should have a taste in marketing. The willingness to learn and adapt to the new techniques such as digital , social media marketing and more of the types to come in future is crucial.
If you have any other choices for specialization, check if it is available in the table below:
Last Updated: October 6, 2015