Step 2: Obtain the Prospectus
To have an in-depth idea of the management programs and MBA offered by IGNOU and also to get the application forms you should obtain the prospectus. You can get the prospectus through multiple ways:
- Download it from the IGNOU official website. If you decide to take this route then you will have to pay the application fee when you apply with the Form from the downloaded prospectus. The Fee is ₹ 1,050 and should be drawn as a demand draft in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi. It should be attached along with the filled in Application Form.
- You can also obtain the prospectus from From Regional Centers or Study Centers or IGNOU Head Quarters on payment of ₹1,000.
- The candidates can also obtain the prospectus by post, by requesting for the prospectus along with a Demand Draft drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
Step 3: Fill in the Form 1
The Form 1 is available for download from IGNOU website. It is also available with the Prospectus in a separate envelope, if you have bought the prospectus from IGNOU HQ or Regional Centers or Study Centers. This form is the application form for OPENMAT aptitude test conducted by IGNOU. Fill in the form properly following the instructions given.
Step 4: Send your Application Form 1 to IGNOU HQ
By now, you must have completed filling up the the Application Form 1. The next step to do is to send your application form to IGNOU Head Quarters along with a Demand Draft of ₹1,050 drawn in favor IGNOU (In the case of those who obtained the prospectus by post or in person, there is no need to send this fee. It is only applicable to those who have downloaded the prospectus from IGNOU official website.), payable at New Delhi to the following postal address.
RegistrarStudent Evaluation Division, Block 12, IGNOUMaidan GarhiNew Delhi – 110 068
Use Registered Post or Speed Post to send your applications. Send the application forms in such a way that it reaches the IGNOU HQ on or before the last date of submitting the Form 1. The dates are given below:
||15th July 2016
||15th December 2016
Very Important: Keep a Photocopy of all the application forms you send to IGNOU. This will be helpful for future references.
Step 5: Prepare and Attend the Entrance Test
After you have sent the application form for OPENMAT, you should start preparing for the exam. You will receive the admit card by post 10 days before the exam date. Learn more about OPENMAT exam and preparation here:
More on OPENMAT Entrance Exam
You can know the result of the exam through IGNOU website or through the score card sent to you by IGNOU. Once you are qualified in the OPENMAT exam by scoring the cutoff mark or above, you can proceed with Step 6.
Step 6: Apply for Admission to MBA
This step assumes that you have already qualified in the OPENMAT exam. Now you have to apply to secure your admission to MBA. The application form to be used for the purpose is Form 2 which is available with the prospectus. The form should be filled properly and sent to the IGNOU Regional Director nearest to your place along with the following documents:
- Attested copies of certificates proving your educational qualifications
- Original of the OPENMAT scorecard
- Original of the OPENMAT Hall ticket
- Category Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC students.
- Experience Certificate if required (Candidates without a professional degree, for details see the eligbility criteria page)
- Filled up Identity Card (The identity card is available towards the end pages of the prospectus.)
You should also include the Program Fee as a Demand Draft or Bank Challan drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at the place where your Regional Center is located.
How to Apply For Admission
The forms for the Experience Certificate, Category Certificate, Identity Card etc are available towards the end of the Prospectus. Use them while obtaining the certificates from the authorities concerned.
The application should reach the Regional Director on or before the last date for the reciept of Application forms. The Last dates for admission for 2017- 2018 is as follows:
||Last Date of Submission of Form 2
|XXXIX or XL
||First intake of 2017 (January 2017)
||30th November, 2016
|XL or XLI
||Second intake of 2017 (July 2017)
||31st May, 2017
If qualified for an OPENMAT, you can seek admission in any one of the two subsequent Admissions. In the case of OPENMAT XL , you can take admission to either of the semesters starting in January or July of 2017.
You will be given admission after IGNOU Regional Center verifies your certificates and after confirming your eligibility and other procedures. Once you are given admission you can start attending the counselling sessions and other course activities as per the schedule of operations given in the prospectus.
Even if you meet all the requirements above, the decision of allowing you admission is taken by the university. They can either accept or reject you. It should be noted that this is not at all an issue in the normal cases.
You might also be interested in the following on IGNOU distance learning MBA:
The image below summarizes the steps for admission: